Friday, November 09, 2007
Once upon a time...
This is one of those "my child is soooo cute" moments that happen all the time to parents, but every so often one of those cute moments is worth sharing, so here's what happened. Anna has a doll house that is equipped with all the furniture and people and everything a little girl could want. She plays with it quite regularly, but tonight she seemed to be really into it. She gathered all the accessories from the house and put them in her plastic jack-o-lantern bucket and told me to "come into the other living room" to play. I told her I would bring the house in there too, and so off we went. She had fun playing house and I just sat back and watched as her imagination ran wild. We sat the whole family (including the dog) in front of the TV to watch a show, then we took the baby for a walk, but where it got really interesting was when Anna decided to put mommy to bed and for grandma to read mommy a story. "It's time for mommy to go to bed," Anna said, "and I am going to put this chair next to mommy's bed so grandma can read her a story." After she got all the characters situated in the bedroom Anna started in on the story. "Once upon a time there was a little girl named Anna..." "That's a nice name," I commented. "...and she was verrrry beautiful." "She was?" I asked. "Yes," she replied, "and you are very beautiful too." I wish I could say there was more to the story, but apparently that was the whole thing. I chuckled inside at her vanity, but smiled outside at her complete and utter cuteness. We played with her doll house all evening, but the story she read mommy was definitely the highlight.
No comments:
Post a Comment