Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Merry Christmas Family and Friends!

To all of our family and friends, we would like to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We have had yet another busy year, so instead of boring you with all the details I will simply try to hit the highlights.

Anna turned two in April and hasn't turned back. Physically, she appears to have inherited the "John gene" for height. So, where ever we go people seem to think she is much older than she actually is. As a matter of fact, Anna seems to think she is much older than she actually is...maybe that's what happens during the terrible two's! As far as her accomplishments go this year, she has learned to love playing in the snow, can now go underwater on her own while swimming, rides her big girl bicycle with training wheels, and most recently, became potty trained. We love her dearly and are so blessed to have such a happy and spunky little girl!

John actually spent quite a bit of the year near home which was very nice for both Mommy and Anna. He started off the year by pinning on Major which brought with it a bit more responsibility on the ground and a bit less time in the air. Since then he was able to upgrade to instructor and is now deployed until early March. We will miss him terribly this Christmas, but understand the job he has to do. Please keep him in your thoughts this holiday season.

As for me, I have had a busy year living vicariously through Anna and John. When I am not spending time with both of them I continue to work part time in the reserves. Unfortunately, I was plagued with a couple of medical issues this year which I am happy to say have been resolved. I am now back on track and hope to remain so.

As far as family news goes, we are happy to announce that we are expecting another child in late May. The pregnancy is going well and we pray that it continues to do so.

Thank you so much for checking in on us. We are enjoying the beginning of our third year out here in Washington and are becoming better tour guides with each passing day. If you are ever out our way, or are looking for a fun destination, please know that you are welcome at our place anytime (although I will say the weather is a little better during the summer months)!

Cheers,
Jen, John and Anna

1 comment:

Brannan's said...

Wishing you the best this Christmas season and a Happy New Year! Congrats on the pregnancy.
Pat, Kristal and Tyler