This past Monday was one of those days in the PNW when you wake up in the morning and say to yourself, "today is the reason why living in the NW is so great!" The weather was immaculate. Monday was definitely one of those days. To honor our "first real day of spring" we decided to cross the bridge and make for the water. Okay, to set this whole thing up I first have to let you all in on a little secret...I have become photography crazed! Over the last few weeks I have buried myself in books, websites, manuals, and DVD's all in the name of upping my photography game. At this point my "successful" shots are grossly outnumbered by, well, my gross shots (not the subject matter of course:-), but in the name of trial and error I think I am definitely getting somewhere.
Back to the story...As the title implies, I have chosen one shot from the multitudes I took on the beach that day to sum up our experience. I have to brag a little bit when I say that I absolutely love this picture. First, it was a total accident. I was trying to be all creative and frame my shot and adjust the lighting and so on when I finally decided to just start shooting. I can't believe I caught Mt. Rainier between the rock Anna tossed and her body. I guess sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!
2 comments:
What type of camera do you have? I can't believe it's taken me this long, but I want something beyond our point and shoot and am exploring SLR's.
First, I have to completely and totally embarass myself when I say that I am not exactly sure who left the comment...Kristi, I sincerely apologize for "having a moment". I have a Nikon D200 and absolutely love it. I have been a Nikon person my whole life so I have to be honest and say that I didn't pursue other brands. Instead of learning more about photography and then purchasing a fancy camera I decided to purchase a fancy camera and then start learning about photography. It's a bit pricey, but I thought I would be able to grow with the camera a great deal more than with a simpler model. I hope this is useful. Again, I am so sorry that I am having trouble figuring out who this is (I have an idea, though:-).
Post a Comment