Did I ever mention friends are the BEST? This is especially true when you live away from family and the ones you rely on are the guys and gals who are going through the same things you are...As a woman I have to constantly remind myself that every once in a while it is OKAY to ask for help. We get so wrapped up in making sure our lives appear perfect to the outside world that sometimes we forget to take a deep breath and enjoy the quiet moments before they slip away. I am NOTORIOUS for doing this, but over the course of the last few years we have had to lean on friends during tough times and it has meant the world to us to know that there are people out there who are so wonderful. We are truly fortunate to have both a wonderful family and wonderful friends who really are THE BEST!
My good friend Julie had a horse riding fall the other day (she is healing up and will make a full recovery). I had the privilege of watching her 2 precious daughters so she and her husband could deal with all of the craziness that goes along with a hospital stay. I had just gotten my camera back and while Anna and Peyton were upstairs playing dress-up I took a few shots of Lola and John while they played downstairs. John was completely smitten with Lola. He would bring her toys and with an outstretched arm say "Tee Tee" (Thank You) as he offered the toy to her. It was so sweet and so innocent.
We're glad Julie is back on her feet, but will have some serious recovering to do as she fractured a vertebrae in her lower back. We are so thankful she is OK.

No comments:
Post a Comment