Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I WON!

Today was a very good day. A couple of months ago I entered a photo contest very hesitantly (I didn't even tell John that I had entered). You can imagine my surprise when my photo was chosen as a Top 5 Finalist!! I was shocked. Well, today the contest results were announced and can you believe I won?? The winning photo is the current header of the blog which I titled "Welcoming Grandma and Grandpa". The picture was taken on Little John's 1st Birthday as Grandma and Grandpa flew in to celebrate with the kids and I because Papa was out of town on a mission. I actually have this picture posted in color in a previous post on the blog. You can view the contest results by following this link:
www.merakohblog.com

I have been planning to launch a photography business this fall and winning this contest has helped my confidence in knowing that this is the right thing for me to do and the right time for me to do it. Please stay tuned for a website to launch some time in the near future.

3 comments:

Christina B said...

Congrats!! such a great pic!!! im looking to do the same and open a photagraphy business.. wondered if you could look at my pics on my blog. tell me what ya think.
also.. what are you going to charge.. trying to figure that part out.

Michelle R. Slape said...

YEAH! I am SO excited to hear that you will be launching a photography business! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Kristi said...

I've always thought that shot was amazing. I can't believe you're starting your own business. Congrats...you'll do awesome and are inspiring m to learn a little more about my camera.