Monday, August 30, 2010

Conversations with Anna

Last night as I was putting Anna to bed we had a wonderful conversation. We read books and chit-chatted about her big first day of Kindergarten the following morning. She was full of all kinds of giggles and smiles and I was feeling quite sentimental as I read her a book we used to love when she was just one year old. Finally, the lights were out and I was giving her one last back scratch when she told me this story:

"Mommy, when I grow up I am going to live in Seattle. That way you can come and visit me on the ferry and I can come and visit you on the ferry too. I am going to live in a big skyscraper in an apartment while my house is being built. I am going to be a photographer and a ballerina on ice. Is there an ice skating rink in Seattle? I'm also going to be a hair stylist so I can do your hair. I don't know what my last name is going to be yet, but even though it will be different we'll still be in the same family. Our family will be bigger because I'll have kids. I wonder who I will marry?"

I guess she has it all figured out...well, most of it anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so funny!!! I love what comes out of them sometimes