For about a year now we have been trying to figure out the best way to "get rid of Puppy". I made a couple of failed attempts, but could never quite pull the trigger. As Johnny's 3rd birthday approached we began brainstorming ways to, once and for all, send puppy on his way...Enter the post office idea! We decided that on Johnny's 3rd birthday he would put Puppy in an envelope and mail him to a little boy who needed him since he no longer needed him. We talked this up a lot and Johnny seemed to be on board with the idea. So that is what we did. Here are the pictures of Johnny at the post office packing up and mailing Puppy. The first night was pretty rough, but last night (Night #2) Puppy was not even mentioned. He has sucked his fingers briefly, but so far doesn't seem to really be interested in that either which was actually our main goal. I have to say that I was pretty emotional about the whole thing, but am so proud of our little buddy...way to go Johnny!!
No comments:
Post a Comment